PDA

View Full Version : Messiah Animate 4.0

Julez4001
07-29-2003, 10:40 PM
Just swipe this info from the store section:

messiah:animate 4.0

* Our Multi Award winning software just got even better!
* Comes with connections to 3D Studio Max, Maya, Lightwave, Cinema4D 7 and 8.
* Armature - Setup custom character controls and create interface controls with ease.
* Messiah API - The easiest and most powerful API for developing plugin modules.
* Motion Dynamics - Intergrated Motion Physics and Physics based IK easily added to any object- So much fun!
* Walker - Automatic walk generator and editor. Sliders easily let you control arm swings, strides and attitudes.
* Realtime Softbody Dynamics with new collision process.
* Quick Notes and Tips - Rollover button help windows, give tips and can take you directly to tutorials.
* Onion Skin - See previous and next time states at current keys.
* Optional Quaternion key interpolation, (Linear and Cubic) prevents gimbal lock situations.
* Particle System with super fast collision and new forces (magnet and explosion). Easily map objects to particles. Ecah particle has a unique ID number than can even be accessed and controlled through expressions.
* Host Connect - Transfer messiah animation scenes between, Max, Lightwave, Maya and Cinema 4D.
* Host API - Write your own connections to link messiah to your in-house systems, or to any other program.
* Scripting - Write scripts for effects, functions or test your ideas quickly.
* Compose Mode Non-linear editor and motion library blender.
* Loads objectypes : OBJ, LWO,3DS4,DXF and MPJ scene format
* Directly loads BVH and HTR Motion Capture formats, and even automatically creates the bones rig for you. Setup mode and Compose, allow you to easily adjust the mocap rig to the size of your character, and even blend in hand animated sections to the mocap.
* Smart bones, fast expressions and easy character rigging.
* Over 100 functions and effects.
* And so much more......

Just also adding that after seeing LW8 new character tools, i am humblely impressed ...hopefully this all realworld objects and systems they are using thats stuff on and I hope it works as shown. Very Impressive stuff.

robinson
07-29-2003, 10:47 PM
messiah:studio 1.5 too, damn that's crazy...:drool:

Julez4001
07-29-2003, 10:51 PM
Messiah Studio 1.5 the OFFICIAL RELEASE

Aug 31, 2003

Customizable shader flow system with animatable parameters
Shader view node lets you view the output of any shader node, at any stage in its flow
Global Illumination with Choice of Photons or Hybrid Monte Carlo sampling
Caustics with choice of methods
Volumetric Spot Lights and Shadows
Two types of Depth of Field
Motion Blur with adjustable sampling
Light types - Distant, Point, Area, Spot with texture projection, Panel - user adjustable soft quality settings

Hyper texture effects for smoke, explosions and fire
Fuzzy Reflection and Refraction
UV and projection textures
Fully Multi-Threaded rendering
Unlimited network render nodes at no additional cost

Write shaders with messiah's scripting langauge, or use our default ones
Procedural object rendering and pixel displacement effects
Development environment that lets you create your own shaders and graphically layout interface buttons with ease. It even writes all the template code for you!
Connection ability to popular render control and scheduling software
Directly renders MetaNURB subdivision surfaces without the need to take up ram with thousands of pre-generated polygons
Frame segmented rendering option to render to ram or disk chunks
Supports loading and saving of more than 18 different image formats, including OpenEXR
Multi-threaded Convolution Filter rendering
High Dynamic Range rendering and Image Based Lighting

Volumetric Translucency and Subsurface scattering

User adjustable Anti-Aliasing settings with new proprietary AA technique that gives the look of twice the quality in half the time

Anyone looking for alternative render engine......

Nonproductive
07-29-2003, 11:37 PM
I'm a little disapointed that I would have to pay $295 to upgrade from 3.3... Only in that 3.3 had some "features" that were never really usable as far as I know (particles for example)

However, if all they say is in 4 is actually there and usable - it sounds great!

Shade01
07-29-2003, 11:48 PM
How ahead of Lightwave 8 is this new version of Messiah? Most people used Messiah for it's character animation abilities, but I'd say that Lightwave 8 has narrowed that gap considerably.

3DDave
07-30-2003, 12:38 AM
This was posted on the Yahoo group about the upgrade.

The Advance users automatically get the final version of studio.

-lyle

Limbus
07-30-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Shade01
How ahead of Lightwave 8 is this new version of Messiah? Most people used Messiah for it's character animation abilities, but I'd say that Lightwave 8 has narrowed that gap considerably.
Messiah is great for its amazing speed. I didnt hera anything about this in LW8. And the new features look very nice too. Auto walkcycle, auto rigging from mocap data, soft body dynamics, particles.

Looks like the competition for LW is getting aharder and harder.

Florian

Julez4001
07-30-2003, 03:43 AM
LW new toolset has definitely closed the gap. Here's hoping its multiple Ik system and deformation are as great as they look on the demo, hopefuly i don't need a hyper threaded Intel 3.06 ghz to get the same results.

Betatesters with messiah have created
"The Endo morph plugin & LW UV map support".
using Messiah's new API for writing plugins and linking to other apps.

man I don't know which one is gonan be my character workhorse now.....

can't wait to see messiah's
Volumetric Translucency and Subsurface scattering

minus
07-30-2003, 04:48 AM
The alternative render engine sounds neat. --- We need a gallery showing some of the technical achievments of it.

Julez4001
08-02-2003, 08:15 PM
Over on the PMG list, FRED TEPPER is back ffom working on his film and will be posting some new videos soon..one on the New Armature tool.

TAROn have join the list as well.

Chewey
08-02-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Julez4001
Over on the PMG list, FRED TEPPER is back ffom working on his film and will be posting some new videos soon..one on the New Armature tool.

TAROn have join the list as well.

Actually Taron has been a member since 3/5/2002

Don't expect to see much participation from him on the list. He keeps a pretty low profile as he finds the constant badgering from fanboy types annoying and unnecessary.

Qslugs
08-02-2003, 08:48 PM
Agreed. I have seen him post there before. It's been quite some time since then though.

mike

Julez4001
08-03-2003, 01:52 AM
I restate then...

Taron has joined the latest discussion and commented on that he will try to take a more active part...

Chewey
08-03-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Julez4001
I restate then...

Taron has joined the latest discussion and commented on that he will try to take a more active part...

Really? What exactly did he say to make you think that?:shrug:

Julez4001
08-03-2003, 09:39 PM
Oh I dunno...
Taron333:
"Whether this matters or not, I'm going to check in here now more
often..."

chikega
08-04-2003, 03:44 AM
just recently purchased Messiah Studio Advanced Release from someone on the user list - it was a bargain. Can't wait for the release at the end of this month.

Hey, Julian, where are you located in the Atlanta sprawl? I'm in Atlanta as well - near Inman Park, Virginia Highlands area.

Julez4001
08-04-2003, 04:45 AM
I live on the west side off Thorton RD but I work in the Perimeter/Ashwood-Dunwoody Area.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.