PDA

View Full Version : How should I prepare myself for a lighter interview?

OrchaInu
07-17-2009, 05:31 AM
As the title suggests.

I am going to Siggraph in 2 weeks This is going to be the first time I am going to their job fair. I am going to meet a lot of strangers I've never met before, and they are going to ask me questions I am not sure if I would know how to answer.

I figure finding out the questions before hand, or at least get an idea of what they can be is a good idea.

I am going to be going around introducing myself as a new grad looking for a lighter's position. What kind of questions do studios usually ask a green lighter, or any lighter in general? How should I prepare myself for the job fair? Is there anything I should pay attention to prior to the conference?

Also, this is my web site with my reel on there, if anyone is interested, please visit it and give me some suggestions on my reel.
www.d-wang.net

I would really appreciate any input. Thanks so much!

SanjayChand
07-18-2009, 01:36 AM
They usually want to know about your technical proficiency, what software you use, if you have any compositing or look-dev skills (depending on the place). Some are interested in your traditional arts training as well (such as painting, etc).

Otherwise its about experience and/or your reel.

BTW I also worked on OS2 at ReelFX. :beer:

OrchaInu
07-18-2009, 03:24 AM
Thank you Sanjay for the reply. By technical proficiency, are you talking about coding and debugging or just simply the software you know how to use and how well you know it?

Unfortunately by the time you got to Dallas, I already left the studio, I would love to meet you in person. Your works are stunning!

CGTalk Moderation
07-18-2009, 03:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.