PDA

View Full Version : Shader help/wish/suggestion 4 Autodesk

Favian001
07-16-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm looking for a shader to do something I'm not even sure is possible. I work as a Solver and have to look at joint hierarchies all day long and I'm having some "visual issues", that I was hoping to resolve.
Here's the issue: I have to work in X-ray mode in order to see the model and joints at the same time, but when doing so I see all of the joints no matter what angle I'm at.

Example: I'm looking from behind the character's torso and only want to adjust the spine or shoulders, but the arms/shoulders are crossing over so there is confusion as to how the joints I want to look at are shaping out.

Solution/wish: A shader that allows me to see through a model only from the direction I am looking from. I would not be able to see through the characters chest, front of the head, etc...

Is this possible?

Cheesestraws
07-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Would inverting the normals and turning on single-sided in the objects attributes work?

Favian001
07-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah that's exactly what I needed...appreciate the help dude.

CGTalk Moderation
07-16-2009, 09:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.