PDA

View Full Version : LIGHTWAVE 8 DEMO woes

Infinity3d4life
07-29-2003, 09:32 PM
I really wish someone would capture high quality video demos of lightwave 8 and place them on newteks site so we could get a good feel for just how good its gonna be.. I would love to download some stuff and check it out at my leisure, but all this streaming stuff just doesn't cut it for me..I want high quality no crash examples.. Explain all the new features so that those of us who couldn't attend can get excited about it also... Not a serious complaint, but i think that would get alot of us more hyped, and excited to see what's under the hood of our new app.. Besides i hate to read all that technical crap.. I would rather see it in action..

NanoGator
07-29-2003, 10:49 PM
I'm sick of this stupid slideshow.

Is Newtek going to release a download version soon?

Bytehawk
07-29-2003, 10:51 PM
I would really like them to lower their compression settings to about half the bandwidth they have now. Maybe that's gona help a lot of people.

Infinity3d4life
07-30-2003, 12:21 AM
is there anyway to save streaming video?? Mine is coming through very clear and i would love to save it so i could check it out at my leisure and show some friends what LIGHTWAVE 8 has to offer..

Mattoo
07-30-2003, 12:24 AM
There are a few streaming video capture programs about. I don't have any links to hand but a quick search on google should do it.

minus
07-30-2003, 12:24 AM
I remember everyone complaining about this last year... I really don't think there will be a downloadable version offered. As much as people are complaining now... it's not yet reached the level of complaining seen last year IMO. :shrug:

zuzzabuzz
07-30-2003, 12:36 AM
It all looks very cool and leaves me with warm fuzzies, but I'm not gonna get worked up about seeing more until LW8 is in my hands. So..whenever the stream breaks up, it's frustrating...but nothing i won't see..someday.

Infinity3d4life
07-30-2003, 12:39 AM
damn i just wish that i could have a downloadable version.. I have a group of people that i'm trying to bring into my lightwave occult, and not being able to show them what i'm seeing sucks.. I'm more than impressed by this, and i have to say that it looks as if it is finally up there with the big boys now.. PLEASE MAKE A DOWNLOADABLE VERSION FOR US NEWTEK...

Bytehawk
07-30-2003, 12:46 AM
or even better, make a beta public version for all those who paid for the upgrade

NanoGator
07-30-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Bytehawk
or even better, make a beta public version for all those who paid for the upgrade

I'd plunk down $500 for that right now. They'd like me as a beta tester anyway. I could submit job references that'd be favorable. ;)

Shade01
07-30-2003, 01:47 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw Proton saw they weren't going to be able to record so much stuff and hence no download.

Triple G
07-30-2003, 02:51 AM
Hell, I'd settle for a streaming version that was viewable on Mac. I can't believe that no one realized that WM9 is not compatible with the Mac platform. Either that, or they did realize it and just don't care. :annoyed:

tmcbroome
07-30-2003, 02:57 AM
WHAT??.. No download versions... streaming rates screwed?... can't view it on a mac??... your telling me that NT half-assed a presentation (again), NO!!!.. It can't be so.

As always we will just need to be patient and wait tell we can get our own hands on it or attent user group presentations to get a good look at it.

milqman
07-30-2003, 04:04 AM
For many the streaming worked flawlessly, but also for many it didn't work too well.

I think Newtek will post videos soon. I think Proton or Stranahan will do it after SIGGRAPH.

Shade01
07-30-2003, 04:07 AM
I dunno, I streamed all day long without a hitch. Ah, you guys didn't miss anything :)

Triple G
07-30-2003, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by milqman
I think Newtek will post videos soon. I think Proton or Stranahan will do it after SIGGRAPH.

I'm assuming this is pure speculation? Do you have any actual evidence/statements that would back this up? Sorry, I'm not trying to put you on the spot...please don't take it that way. In fact, I hope you're right, as it may well be the only way that Mac users wind up being able to see it. I'm just curious as to what makes you say what you did.

lwbob
07-30-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Triple G
I'm assuming this is pure speculation? Do you have any actual evidence/statements that would back this up?

NewTek still hasn't posted the video from the years they DID promise video downloads.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.