PDA

View Full Version : VRayScatter 2.5.5 Now Available

VisualDynamics
07-16-2009, 06:56 AM
http://www.vray.com/news/media/vrayscatter_2_5_5/vrayscatter_head.png

VRayScatter 2.5.5

Now there is a unique possibility to create even more complicated and realistic scenes and the process is as easy as never before. Intuitively simple interface, rich possibilities and excellent results, VRayScatter offers an amazing flexibility of control. A new generation algorithm has been developed as well as many new features are now available:

1. Collision object
2. Regular structures with easy control by UVW mapping
3. Along the spline distribution
4. Scattering inside/outside splines
5. Contrast option in VRayScatter texture
6. Camera clipping
7. Offset scattering from splines and geometry edges
8. Custom behavior at the splines and geometry edges
9. 3ds Max 2010 Support
10. Asset Tracking connection
11. Most of VRayScatter settings animatable

Click below for more information
http://www.vray.com/vrayscatter/

Lone Deranger
07-16-2009, 11:03 AM
That's looking real good! I'd love to see that mountain forest fly-through clip in a higher resolution. It's hard to make out the level of quality of the vegetation at the current size.

Haven't been a Max user for 10+ years now, so I'm hoping the Chaos Group is working on a version for SoftImage alongside the V-ray port.

duke
07-17-2009, 01:58 AM
Is there any difference between this and the 2.5.4 pre-release?

VisualDynamics
07-17-2009, 08:15 AM
I'd love to see that mountain forest fly-through clip in a higher resolution. It's hard to make out the level of quality of the vegetation at the current size.

I'll have larger videos available soon. I wanted to keep the primary interface compatible with visitors who run at lower resolutions but I will soon be rolling out a dynamic inline window where larger videos can be viewed independent of the interface (much like the images currently work within the galleries). Thank you for your feedback. :)

Sincerely,
Scott

VisualDynamics
07-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Is there any difference between this and the 2.5.4 pre-release?

Yes. Version 2.5.5 is an official release (non Beta) whereas the 2.5.4 pre-release was still in Beta.

Sincerely,
Scott

RenisanceX
07-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Woaaaaahhh

profusion
07-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Been using v 2.04 for several projects, and it's amazing, easily handles 4.000.000 objects.
But there license system could be better, really could use a floating license version...

Lone Deranger
07-17-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm curious... how does Visual Dynamics relate to the Chaos Group? And therefor, how does VrayScatter relate to Vray the rendering engine? Are these two separate companies and two separate development teams?
And VrayScatter needs the Vray renderer to work am I right?

duke
07-17-2009, 01:49 PM
VRay is made by Chaos Group.

VRayScatter is made by iCube/Karba. It is a plugin for VRay. It is NOT made by Chaos Group. As a plugin for VRay, yes, it needs VRay.

VisualDynamics
07-20-2009, 06:34 AM
I'm curious... how does Visual Dynamics relate to the Chaos Group? And therefor, how does VrayScatter relate to Vray the rendering engine? Are these two separate companies and two separate development teams?
And VrayScatter needs the Vray renderer to work am I right?

duke is correct. Chaos Group/Chaos Software Ltd is the creator of V-Ray. Whereas several other developers/companies have ported over V-Ray to additional applications and others have made plugins for V-Ray. For example, V-Ray for SketchUp and Rhino is developed by ASGvis, V-Ray for Cinema 4D is developed by LAUBlab and VRayScatter (which requires V-Ray for 3ds Max) is developed by iCube. We "Visual Dynamics LLC" are working to bring it all together under one roof on VRay.com. It's basically a central location for all things V-Ray.

Sincerely,
Scott

CGTalk Moderation
07-20-2009, 06:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.