PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Fly Cycle (Stationary)

ajfrank
07-16-2009, 03:03 AM
Stationary dragon fly cycle
Something I started on one day before heading to class.
I'm thinking about lessing the amount of the foreword arc of his wings when he flaps down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE0sOYcSMUw

ajfrank
07-16-2009, 03:54 AM
So I decided to fix the arc because it was bothering me. Now I'm thinking about making the flap just a little faster (not the actual flap down but the amount of hang time he spends in the air)

Now that I re-look at t the flap down probably can be a frame or two faster. I'll mess around with the timing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZHcP5SwUm8

arijitg
07-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Hey Adrian,I really liked that animation that you have done..it's nice that you are making the flaps faster by few frames! Well, I think when the wings goes down space it to fewer frames to make it faster than when it comes back up. In that way, the creature will look a little more heavy as it's trying harder to stay up.. and it will also create some contrast in that animation! Also I like the drag when the wings goes down..make it drag more when the wings comes up! thats all every other parts of the body work it accordingly! Hope that ways helpful!

MikaelPersson
07-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Have you rigged the individual parts of the wings? A bit of drag in them would add a lot. They look a bit static right now.
Try to vary the speed a bit more. Slightly faster down and just a tad slower up.
Your settle when the wings are at their top looks strange. There is some weird rotation in there then.
If you could add a small anticipation in the wings just before the beat down, that would help.

Maybe you could show the force of the beating more in the body too, right now they are quite independent of each other.

Otherwise, good stuff!

CGTalk Moderation
07-16-2009, 01:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.