PDA

View Full Version : Problem with sprite paticles rendering

Silpheedx
07-16-2009, 03:42 AM
Hello;
I'm haveing issues with my grass I've made from sprite particles. In the image the left grass is hair so ignore it ^^. But the grass on the right is made from sprite particles. Now when there are only a few spites out there they render just fine. But when I get a few hundred in there then these wierd black areas start showing up. Rendered in mental ray. I need to rid myself of the black areas :P
Any help is realy realy realy appreciated.
ty ty
Lenny

twazzer
07-16-2009, 09:54 AM
You could try a hardware render or if using MR try increasing the raytrace depth or change Features> primary renderer to something else or try to find where the BSP settings are hidden and change them. Best o fluck

Silpheedx
07-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Huazzah! :D
Ty ty ty. You may not have hit the nail on the head exactly but dang close ^^. You got me fumbleing through the render settings and then I realize I had Mental Ray set to the "Production: Rapid Hair" preset. So I just set it to regular "Production" and shizzam! :D Problem fixed.
Thank you so much for the help ^^
Lenny

CGTalk Moderation
07-16-2009, 08:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.