PDA

View Full Version : Shatter it! released

DynamicBoy
07-15-2009, 02:27 AM
We are proud to introduce Shatter It!, the Voronoi-based precutting tool of Pulldownit already available for Max and Maya.

You can find a Max demo tutorial in this link,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjN2iEzlk6M (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjN2iEzlk6M)

also a Maya demo tutorial here,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foPWOUV0AkU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foPWOUV0AkU)

The demo version is online, visit this link to know how it works

http://www.pulldownit.com/forum/index.php?topic=69.0

cheers

Joviex
07-15-2009, 03:39 AM
The demo you have is an online demo? I can not exactly send you propritary models to crack up.

Just keep us in the loop when you actually have a working plugin to demo or purchase ;p

Looks good from the videos however

DimitrisLiatsos
07-15-2009, 07:09 AM
Yup..it is something that i would love to check with a demo and if it does the trick ...purchase. You should make a notify page or something...:beer:

cresshead
07-15-2009, 10:38 AM
page
http://www.pulldownit.com/download-2.php

though the submit form does not support a uk postcode so the form is not working.

update NOTE if you don't put your uk postcode in you can download the plugin..

raffo
07-15-2009, 01:11 PM
What can you do with your tool, what canīt be done with this free script (http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/fracture-voronoi) ?

DynamicBoy
07-15-2009, 02:02 PM
What can you do with your tool, what canīt be done with this free script (http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/fracture-voronoi) ?

We know that script, it is very good, congratulations to the author. As you can see in the demo video, our product Pulldownit is offering a complete solution of shattering + dynamics, as far as Im concern there is not other script or plugin like this in the market, besides our technology is SDK embeded not scripted, the adavantages are many, and speed of computation is the big one, you can check by your own this script takes very long to shatter and object above 500 fragments, with shattter it you can do it in seconds, also the script you mention uses the slice plane and cap holes modifiers of MAX with its well-known limitations, we implement propietary technology for cutting which is faster and reliable.

spurcell
07-15-2009, 03:12 PM
looks interesting. Looking at the differences between the standard and pro. It says that standard does not get fixes and updates, while the pro does. Are you saying that you wont support the standard version with fixes?

SheepFactory
07-15-2009, 03:34 PM
I cant say I agree with your idea of a demo version.

Ourouk
07-15-2009, 03:37 PM
What's the point of proposing a "online demo" ?
Is there a " 30days trial on the way" ?
I would like to test the full product by myself...

thanks...

RFX
07-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Hey Carlos, this looks like an interesting product. I'm wondering if you guys have looked at RayFire also, and how would it compare?

I know you mentioned you guys are using your own solver and shattering, that would mean it supports 64bit Max then.

I'd be looking into checking it out, or even comparing the two. Either way, both tools look great!

P.S. Will you guys be looking at maybe branching out later, or just focus on Max and Maya? I'd love to see a better solution and approach to Houdini's current systems, since it's still pretty damn slow compared to the other solutions out there in the market for Max and Maya, even if it's a commercial plugin.

Gracias!
Rick

DynamicBoy
07-15-2009, 07:32 PM
to fuhshizzle:

Standard version is intended for student and independent artist for non commercial porpuses only, as the same time it is the demo of the pro version. We will suport it with fixes as long as we receive feedback of the users in the shape of clips and test.

To Ourouk:

There is not going to be a trial version of Shatter it, you can donwload the stardard version of Pdi for free and you can shatter your models with shatter it online.

To Fuentealba:

I think you, users must be those who compare Pdi with other tools not us. Actually we are only Max and Maya, but as our technology shatter+dynamics is propietary there exist always the possibility to integrate it in other platform, we like very much C4D.

Venkman
07-15-2009, 07:58 PM
To Fuentealba:

I think you, users must be those who compare Pdi with other tools not us. Actually we are only Max and Maya, but as our technology shatter+dynamics is propietary there exist always the possibility to integrate it in other platform, we like very much C4D.

You have no idea how many threads there are for people attempting to shatter and break objects in the C4D forum. Many of the solutions are quite primitive, but people live with them because there is no other option.

Please make your plugin for C4d, I'll buy it day one! :)

We've got some nice fluid plugins in for C4d, they would integrate well with a nice shatter plugin. We're just waiting for ways to create senseless destruction and debris.

What's the cost of the plug-in? I didn't see $$$ on the site.

KOKE
07-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Looks like a nice product, but I really think that this online demo thing is going to make you guys lose a lot of potential customers.

We use both Max and Maya at work, but I can certainly not send you any model we make there because all that material is under heavy NDAīs and such, appart of being property of the studio...., so for one I canīt try it with the kind of geometry I (or in this case probably our fx department) would be interested in testing it with.

Also, a lot of people want to try how the program feels or see if it will have any issues with their computer rig, but they cant see the whole program working if a part of the process it is done remotely buy you.

As I said, very nice and promising program but the online demo is only hurting you guys.:shrug:

Keep up the good work though!.

JK.

:D

Fess
07-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Glad I've been following the shatter thread....

subscribed

& thanks for making this, cause Maya's native shatter is mortifying.

ivanisavich
07-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Hate to break it to you, but having people send you models, then break them up yourself, then send them back is probably the worst possible idea for a "demo" ever.

DynamicBoy
07-16-2009, 12:38 AM
You have no idea how many threads there are for people attempting to shatter and break objects in the C4D forum. Many of the solutions are quite primitive, but people live with them because there is no other option.

I take notice of your demand Venkman, C4D is a nice powerfull platform and we are willing to make it but we have some commitments before and it is for sure it is going to take quite long.

Why dont you try Shatter it online meanwhile?, I think C4D import .obj, if not please tell me which is the best importing format for C4D and we will include it in Shatter It online as long as it is supported by Max or Maya.

You have to contact us in our site to know about licencing.

DynamicBoy
07-16-2009, 12:44 AM
to Koke and others,

Shatter it! is actually a feature of Pdi Pro, it is very powerfull but so simple in its works that we didnt arrive to the right way for making a downloadable demo without loosing Its taste becouse of weird limitations and at the same time saving functionality for costumers. We think the Online version is a great idea becosue everybody can take advantage of it without limitations and even platform and system independent. Obvously it is not adecuated for using it in commercial projects with tight schedules, for this you should use the commercial version. Anyway companies interested in checking the shatter with propietary models can contact us to send their models in private and we will return ithem precutting , you can add and NDA also and we will sign it.

Shater it! Online is a demo and also a community project for sharing shattered models.

republicavfx
07-16-2009, 01:02 AM

We've got some nice fluid plugins in for C4d, they would integrate well with a nice shatter plugin. We're just waiting for ways to create senseless destruction and debris.

What's the cost of the plug-in? I didn't see $$$ on the site.

hey im fairly sure thinking particles has a pretty kick ass shatter routine in c4d

SePu
07-16-2009, 02:33 AM
Hate to break it to you, but having people send you models, then break them up yourself, then send them back is probably the worst possible idea for a "demo" ever.

I 100% agree with this .....

DigitalNeutrinos
07-20-2009, 07:05 PM
"Look at me, Im in tatters!
Im a shattered
Shattered" :buttrock:

Looks cool, would like to see a demo.

CGTalk Moderation
07-20-2009, 07:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.