PDA

View Full Version : Softimage Promotional Offers: save u to 49% on XSI!

raffael3d
07-29-2003, 06:34 PM
http://www.softimage.com/home/promo/

robinson
07-29-2003, 10:45 PM
So what's the final price for the "small" xsi after you save 49 % ?

Does Trade-In means I need to turn in my old 3d software (in my case Lightwave) copy for XSI ?
:shrug:

Signal2Noise
07-29-2003, 11:48 PM
Damn! They won't take Raydream.:shrug:

;)

Funny how Avid has the "Click here for product info and pricing" but they still don't mention prices. *cough*an arm and a leg*cough* Still worth it, tho' (as I type with my sole hand while kicking a cat with my only leg)

Qslugs
07-30-2003, 05:24 AM
They must be hurting if their cutting half off their 7 grand software.

t-man152
07-30-2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Qslugs

well what they want to do is become widely used. by cutting by half the price they get people interested in the offer and by making it trade in they are making sure you use theyr software.

Qslugs
07-30-2003, 05:36 AM
True, I wasn't knocking the software. The little I have done with it, I have no complaints about. I would love to get my hands on a copy of XSI. 3500.00 is still a bit out of my range though.

Peter Reynolds
07-30-2003, 04:58 PM
quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Qslugs
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, maybe they are hurting (maybe the whole industry is hurting now, perhaps why we are seeing such rapid version releases?

Then again, with the announcements about ILM, Animal Logic, etc, maybe they are trying to move in for the kill.

The XSI marketing manager definitely wants to eat into Maya market share this year, so perhaps they figure the timing is good to say "ILM's doing it, YOU should too! Here's a price reduction to sweeten the deal."

tjnyc
07-30-2003, 05:14 PM
It would great if Softimage reduced their price in general. If they were competitive price-wise with Alias, I would definitely purchase a Softimage license again, but until then I'm happy with Maya and will probably be upgrading my LW to 8.

Limbus
07-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Signal to Noise

Funny how Avid has the "Click here for product info and pricing" but they still don't mention prices. *cough*an arm and a leg*cough* Still worth it, tho' (as I type with my sole hand while kicking a cat with my only leg)
They are very secret about the price of XSI. I didnt even find a reseller that had a price on their website.
Maybe they are ashamed that it is so expensive :shrug:

Florian

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.