PDA

View Full Version : any ida how this effect was achived ?

moshe z.
07-14-2009, 02:42 PM
hi

i saw this very nice looking animation,

http://www.lesfreresmoustache.com/projects/studio-37/

and i was wondering how the particle efefcts was created
i can c most of it is in 2d and i think it was done in afx particular or other way?
i want to try to make the same effect, any one have ida how it was done ?

honeybee123
07-14-2009, 04:55 PM
hey
this is cool ...

anyone plz help how to do that ....

Apollo05
07-17-2009, 03:18 AM
pretty sure but this is the wrong forum for that question.

it is very 3d app oriented....ya im sure they did a couple of the shots in after effects with particular to spice it up, but most of it was 3D.

Mylenium
07-17-2009, 05:17 AM
3D animation with a lot of custom dotty textures.

Mylenium

moshe z.
07-17-2009, 05:50 AM
i know it is mostly in 3d
and the 3d part i know how to do,
it is the afx part that makes me wounder how it was done
how can u put number of shapes on a path and make them react like what u c around frame 50
and others.
I would be happy to know,
i tried particular to run it on a path with no velocity and then give the air a bit of animation to make them move and run it in revers, it can work but it is not the same effect,

if someone can send me a project to show me how they did it, or a project with an idea how it is done
i will be happy to c so i can understand

suztv
07-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Maya would be my first guess - but I think you could accomplish something similar using Trapcode Form and/or Particular. You might even be able to do this with Particle Playground and CC Ball action. Being that there are a lot of 3D-esque camera movements, I think a 3D application would be easier to use. I believe in CS4 you can import PS CS4 3D models and maybe go from there (pre-composing and using the image information as a displacement map). I would approach it several different ways and really a lot of what was going on was mask reveal and a little slight of hand as far as fooling the eye.

CGTalk Moderation
07-20-2009, 02:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.