PDA

View Full Version : AE to Fusion plugins question...

Bmoner
07-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Hey guys! I recently purchased Fusion 6.0 (32 bit) and heard that you can copy MOST of the plug-ins used in AE to the AE Plug-ins folder for Fusion, and use them there.

Well I'm using AE CS4 with just about ALL of the Trapcodes and Red Giants Plug-ins.

Upon copying the entire contents of the folder to the Fusion folder, I noticed that some of the plug-ins crash Fusion. The perpetrators seem to be the ORIGINAL AE plugins located in "Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS4\Support Files\Plug-ins\Effects" (ie ones that directly come from Adobe). The CycoreFX, Foundry, and Synthetic Aperture plug-ins work fine, but it's the plug-ins that aren't in a folder that are causing me grief.

I would go through, plug-in by plug-in, to see which ones worked and which ones didn't...but I'm sure someone has already done the footwork.

So...what plug-in from the ""Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS4\Support Files\Plug-ins\Effects"" folder work in Fusion?

theotheo
07-14-2009, 05:16 PM
As far as I know, none of the native after effects plugins work. You need afx plugs for the afx 7 or earlier API.

Don't think things like trapcode work tho.

Bmoner
07-15-2009, 01:03 AM
Trapcode plugins do work, with the exception of Particular, Form and Horizon.

CGTalk Moderation
07-15-2009, 01:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.