PDA

View Full Version : Width Length Height.

Ngon
07-13-2009, 09:06 AM
I know this is the most pathetic question, but my search didnt lead me to the answer.
how do you type in W L H for say a box? i want a box with 9x10x12 ? how do i go about it?

MagnumCort
07-13-2009, 01:30 PM
If you are using the default modo layout, when you click the cube tool, the cube tool properties should appear below, per the screen shot I attached. Then you can enter your size via the keyboard.

http://www.highflightstudios.net/images/modo_LWH.jpg

Ngon
07-14-2009, 05:11 AM
thanks! should have seen a bit more thoroughly. Also after giving in the measurements, dropping the tool, later if I would like to make some changes in the measurements then there is no place to input the digits? do we have to then do it manually?

Ubik
07-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Since modo does not have modifier stack, once tool has been dropped You will not be able to modify it in that way anymore. You will have to use commands such are size, scale, stretch or drag and move elements(polys, points, edges) to desired dimensions.

Ngon
07-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Ok, so would I be going correct with this method:
-I made a primitive with my desired measurements
-Tool dropped.
-I want to change the dimension, I use the ruler tool, snap it, set the measures, and then drag the primitive polygon/vertes or so to the desired measurement set on the ruler.

This is (above) what I did, although I am having a hard time snapping the ruler where I want it...will get the hang of it.

is my process valid?

Ubik
07-15-2009, 10:23 AM
While I'm not full fledged modo user the steps You are making seem ok, if not superficial. You could simply use drag tool with points or poligon selected and move it for desired ammount with mouse while reading coordinates or just type in into numeric box.

CGTalk Moderation
07-15-2009, 10:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.