PDA

View Full Version : NEW Free CG Video Tutorial site!

vfcgi
07-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Hi
Thought Id let you know about www.cgvids.com (http://www.cgvids.com) - its a site Ive made featuring video tutorials for CG artists. Only just launched it, theres over 500 tutorials so far and Im aiming to update regularly and get that number significantly higher in the coming months.
Its a no-hassle experience, just select the tutorials and watch, no maze of links to get through and no intrusive adverts - its something I thought could be useful as a CG artist of many years as I still reference tutorials now and then!
Theres also a forum thats structured so people can ask or share knowledge for specific CG disciplines and software packages, not much activity at the moment as it went online last night, lol but hopefully will pick up :)

Id be happy to hear any comments or suggestions,

R10k
07-13-2009, 03:29 AM
I like the site! It's nice to see some simple, well thought-out navigation for this kind of thing. The forum should open in its own window though, as it's crushed horizontally where it is. In terms of programs to add to the list- XSI.

davius
07-13-2009, 01:28 PM
You should check the date below your videos in the "Newest Tutorial" and "Top 10 Tutorials" box. It's saying 30.11.99 on them.

ndeboar
07-13-2009, 02:55 PM
maya link goes to the max tutorials, when you click on the maya icon (not the hyperlink)

http://www.cgvids.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=601&Itemid=53

citizenvin
07-13-2009, 03:10 PM
nice link.. it will be useful for all.. but the quality is bad.. cant see the settings options and text in maya tuto..

vfcgi
07-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Hi All, Many thanks for your feedback!
Ive sorted out the maya link problem and will look into the others tomorrow - including making the forum bigger, did think it was a bit small myself :)

Oh and XSI is on the list to come!

ndeboar
07-13-2009, 04:15 PM
good effort :) If people can stand the sound of my voice, i may contribute.

Aseph
07-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Good stuff, just registered and will spread the word. Its nice having something be straight forward!

Thanks for the effort!

W.

JCAddy
07-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Plugged over at vizdepot.com

I like the design and looking forward to using this one frequently.

Darknon
07-14-2009, 10:21 AM
It's cool. I just can't use any of the tutorials because the videos are so small, can't see what's happening. Can we get bigger ones? youtubeHD maybe :)

Szos
07-17-2009, 03:06 AM
I haven't had a chance to look too deep into your site, but that's a great idea and looks like you put a lot of work into it. Impressive. Have you thought about expanding into other areas like web design?

Also, I know AutoCAD like the back of my hand, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. (not too familiar with the absolute latest version, but they are honestly all the same)

CGTalk Moderation
07-17-2009, 03:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.