PDA

View Full Version : Demoreel, Hard Surface Modeling - Vojtech Lacina

Vojtisek
07-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Hello,
I`m 29yo 3d artist from Czech Republic. I finaly finished my first modeling demoreel. It`s focusing on hard surface models. I`m looking for a job, I`m willing to relocate and I`m looking forward to learn new things :). Please take a look and choose a file to download or watch online. I can offer moddeling, uv mapping, texturing, lightning, rendering. I work in Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, Vegas, 3dsmax and I have basics in SynthEyes.

http://www.vojtechlacina.com/reel2009/webBanner.jpg (http://www.vojtechlacina.com/reel2009/index.html)

David-J
07-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Very good work. I enjoyed your reel very much. A couple of comments.

Some shots in most of the models are really hard to appreciate anything. The camera moves too fast and you have frame rate issues and it makes it really hard to see the work you put in your models. You can take some of those shots out and your reel would be shorter and easier to watch.
I love the first model btw, looks amazing.

On another note. I watched in Vimeo. There it says that you want a job as a: 3d modeler, including sculpting, uv mapping, texturing, lightning, rendering.

So far with your reel I only see modeling. You don't showcase any of the other stuff. There are no elements in your reel displaying that you can sculpt, UV map, etc. If you know all that stuff and you want a job in that areas showcase it in your reel. Altough I would advise for you to specialize in something. If you like modeling focus in that and texturing. Those two go in hand in hand. In most jobs out there you will probably do both.

Either way. I liked your stuff a lot and good luck. Hope some of this comments help in anyway.

Cheers!

MSun
07-12-2009, 08:08 PM
looks like some really solid models, just sometimes the camera is really annoying, it kinda zooms in too close and move too fast to really see the details, slow pans ftw! XD

but yeah really coool models though.

Bravestarr85
07-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Very detailed modeling Oo.

This battelsuit is absolutely amazing! How long does it take to finish modeling?

Love it!

mfg brave

Vojtisek
07-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Hello, thanks for comments!
At first, I know about the issue with a vehicle shot frames. It`s due to scaling the panning footage on timeline and this is effect of scaling :(. When there will be time, I`ll try to rerender this passage again in proportionaly lenght.
I concepted this reed as a Hars Surface Modeling - I named it this way. I hoped that the other skills will be taken as a next I can offer. Maybe try another way to represent this? I`m afraid that for my first reel lot of mistakes "had to be done".

Bravestarr85: For me it takes almost one year :D. From zero to finished render, but it was due lack of time. I think if I get more time on evenings, it could take about 2 months

CGTalk Moderation
07-13-2009, 08:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.