PDA

View Full Version : normal maps

jthorne19
07-12-2009, 08:26 AM
Hey all.

i have recently been making a character in maya and put it in to zbrush to sculpt in and brought it back in to maya to hopefully view my lovely work! However this is where the problem starts. The quality just isn't the same as what it is in zbrush, I did a few renders and all of them seem to be lacking. The first image i used maya software, the 2nd maya hardware and the third mental ray and they all have different qualities.(please see the attachments) The one thing they all share in common is that non of them match the original qulaity of the zbrush image even though my normal map is 2k. I had a look on the internet and i found some apparent shaders for mental ray that help with this called "js normal mapper" and another on called" lyrid mapper" or something and i can't get either of them to work. I also followed another guide by one guy on here who said to put the normal maps in photoshop and save them out as 16 bit rbg's but that is a complete fail too.Can anybody help me.

CGTalk Moderation
07-12-2009, 08:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.