PDA

View Full Version : Question about a tutorial

rottle
07-29-2003, 05:20 AM
Hey, im reading a tutorial on creating a Nissan Z, and on one of the steps, the tutorial completely lost me. I was following it just fine, and correcting my own mistakes and some mistakes that the tutorial made, but this step i cant figure out. Im on this page: http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/modeling/car/index17.html

and I dont get how he went from step#1 on that page to step #2, like theres an extra poly, but i cant put my finger on it. I tried adding a poly, and it looked like the one in the image, but then it gets weird later on. Anyone that is good at lightwave or did the tutorial can help me out?

BladeFX
07-29-2003, 07:33 AM
It's written below.
Weld 2 points.
Do not weld the corner, but the second one (counter clockwise).

clifford
07-29-2003, 04:10 PM
Well .. yes, weld ...

But modeling with metanurbs on looks strange to me.
I prefer modeling boxes and verify geometry by pushing the TAB button (as in the Lewis tutorial)

What do u think ?

rottle
07-29-2003, 06:26 PM
Yah, that is how im going by that tutorial. Im modeling normally and just checking myself with tab, but im getting upset. I got past that area a little after i posted yesterday, and I go the general shape of the car down, but im afraid up onto the point isnt as good as it can be, so Im having doubts about me completing this.. =/

WChestnutt
07-29-2003, 06:36 PM
hmm, i hope people have the patients to follow my tut, it's so detailed. does the newtek one show you every step? or just give you the general idea and let you get on with it?

BladeFX
07-29-2003, 07:19 PM
rottle : There's nothing wrong with experimenting on your own. You don't always have to follow tutorials completely. If you expirement, you'll learn much more. :beer:

unknown limit: The more detailed, the more tricks there are to learn ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.