PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Animation

Googster
07-11-2009, 06:21 PM
just started on this animation was hoping someone could give me a critique on it before I finished it up, thanks ;)

Click here for Animation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAKp6WKVxL0)

PinkSherbet
07-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Seems abit floaty before he lands on the person. Also i think the other soldier's (the one being stepped on) actions seem abit slow. I think you can try speeding up his actions.

Keep it up! Its looking good :)

doffer
07-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Also, check the speed and arc of his jump from handstand to landing on the soldier. It seems a bit uneven.
The handstand lacks a bit of weight as well.

I agree with PinkSherbet about the soldier being stepped on. He moves too slow.

But it's a pretty difficult thing, not only animating two characters, but have them interact as well, so keep going, it's a pretty good start you have :)

anthonymcgrath
07-14-2009, 12:18 PM
agree with the comments there - the handstand lacks some weight and the arc through the air too. If you look at the slight hold before the ninja jumps off the soldier - put that same kind of hold into the handstand motion off the wall. Nail that and the rest of it will come together.

great start - complex animation to do! Looking forward to seeing updates :thumbsup:

a good script for getting arcs is a script called CmotionTrail on highend3d.com - it plots a wire arc of the path of motion so if you applied this to the characters hips and feet you'll get a good visual representation of how the character moves through the air :)

qpaynter
07-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Hey man, looks like a good start. A few things you might want to start working on in both the take off jump/flip and landing. Try to think of the ball bouncing exercise in regards to the speed/timing arc. Plus when he takes off you might want to make it look as though there is more weight to push off. Just my 2 cents. Keep it up man!

CGTalk Moderation
07-14-2009, 03:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.