PDA

View Full Version : Gallery Problem

bonestructure
07-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Okay, I tried to upload an image to the gallery today, and it wouldn't let me, giving me this reason
"Your description contains too many repeating characters."

This is my description.

- "The old man sat cross-legged in the ruined kiva, his mind soaring. Datura had elevated his consciousness, but his very presence in the old cliff dwelling--forgotten now for hundreds of years--aided and abetted the drug.

Asa Fox had spent four days hiking up into the hidden canyon. Even the animals seemed to avoid the twisted path which led through torturous narrows into this sacred place. The wind was mild here. The rain could not touch the well preserved ruins. The vast overhang of rock sheltered Tok Wami from the elements.

Tok Wami. The very name sang in the old Hopi's blood. Built by renegades from Spider Clan, here the power of the past had been manifest in dark legend. Once, this place had been the center of a community of two hearts, or witches. Root Finder, and Night Flyer, and One Red Eye--all had dwelt within these walls. Now Asa, known as Gray Fox, would take the magic into his gnarled hands and call for the end of all things. Only in this way could there be a new beginning."

My second cover for the Shaman Cycle series. This is the fifth book in the series. It was all hard. Ruins are difficult for me at the best of times. And the textures were quite difficult. I'm also not good with making people, and had never tried to make an elderly person before, let alone not only a Native American, but one of my own tribe.

I have no explanation for the hummingbird. As I got to the end of the picture, it just demanded to be there. Sometimes that happens, and the picture wouldn't be nearly the same without it.-

I don't grasp the problem. It's kind of hard not to repeat characters when your writing in the ENGLISH LANGUAGE which only has a limited alphabet. So what characters are repeating and what is the problem? I just don't get it.

leigh
07-11-2009, 03:55 PM
I rather suspect you're getting that message in error because it simply makes no sense.

bonestructure
07-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Makes no sense to me either. So I'm hoping someone can explain it.

Kirt
07-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Are you inserting a series of spaces?

bonestructure
07-11-2009, 05:26 PM
For paragraphs and between words, yes.

Kirt
07-11-2009, 06:28 PM
The system triggers on a series of three similar characters (including spaces). Use no more than 2 same characters in sequence and it should accept the submission.

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2009, 06:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.