PDA

View Full Version : Displacement + Reflection Not Working?

elveatles
07-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Hello. Was wondering if anyone knew why I'm not getting reflections with displacement maps. As you can see, the brain on the left has no reflection, but the red cube does. I just can't seem to figure it out.

chovasie1
07-11-2009, 07:55 PM
hmm... im not really sure.. can you make some scene where that problem is and upload it to rapidshare so i can look?

i'm not sure that it has something with displacement... maybe is something with normals on brain object or you simply by mistake turned off "visible in relections"?

chovasie

elveatles
07-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Hm, seems like "visible in reflections" is checked. Here's a .zip of the scene as well as the color and displacement textures. You might have to relink them. I really appreciate you wanting to look into this.
http://rapidshare.com/files/254689818/brain.zip.html

BrianD24
07-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Whats your lighting setup?

edit: actually I'll check, didn't see the link at first

chovasie1
07-12-2009, 05:51 PM
hi!

i find the solution for reflection problem with brain object.. as i said you need to turn on "visible in reflections". in your scene it's turned off for reflections and refractions...
maybe you have checked in mentalray properties for object, but you need to turn on in Render stats roll menu below displacements... that's override for every object in scene separetly... so you need to check there!

hope this helps!

cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
07-12-2009, 05:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.