PDA

View Full Version : phenomenon problem

Leionaaad
07-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Looks like I can't use the phenomenizer node to create new phenomenons, if I use some shaders taken from the net.

I downloaded some utilities from masterZap's page (http://www.pixero.com/). All works fine when I use them in a scene, once I make a shader network and I want to export it as phenomena, everything goes bad. The .mi file looks right, I tink, the nodes are there. Once I render an image, these nodes are ignored, despite the fact they are in the default locations.
If I try a phenomenon with the nodes shipped with maya, they work just fine.
Does anybody knows what can I do?

Leionaaad
07-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Some troubleshooting here...
Looks like the utility nodes worked fine after all, what made the mess was the lightmap sampler wich i used for getting the same effect like the sampler info maya node.
so...my new question is: how can I use the lightmap sampler in a phenomena? probably I have to make a lightmap write node. Does anybody know some workflow with these?
Somehow the mental ray documentation assumes that everybody is a programmer or something

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2009, 11:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.