PDA

View Full Version : Maxx Payne vs. Max Payne

BoydLake
07-29-2003, 02:08 AM
Check it out. Another lawsuit.

http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/news/30470.shtml

Gentle Fury
07-29-2003, 01:12 PM
I think we are gonna start seeing some changes soon.....there have been more and more of these frivolous name suits by old "stars" that noone remembers.

How much you wanna bet in the next year some kind of bill is going to be passed basically stating that you can't sue someone for your name!!! Hell apple can't trademark the word apple!!!

All this crap does is waste tax money on due process of NOTHING!!

Ok, here we go.......if you wanna sue someone for something as idiotic and impossible to prove as your name, then YOU get to pay all the court costs.......and i dont just mean lawyers.....i mean, the plantiff (that will surely LOSE!!) should have to pay everything for that time that was wasted........electricity, everyones salary....basically every penny that goes into running a court for the duration of a useless frivolous piece of crap civil suit by an old washed up superstar that snorted all of his earnings in the eighties!!!!

Get a real job you loser......or at least do what all self respecting ex-wrestlers with no money do..............birthday parties!

nuke
07-29-2003, 04:56 PM
Does this guy even have a legimate trademark over the name?? I have never even heard a wrestler called Maxx Payne! Hulk Hogan would be different case!

FloydBishop
07-29-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Gentle Fury
Hell apple can't trademark the word apple!!!

OK, quick story...

The record label of the Beatles, Apple, interested in Apple computer using the name Apple when they were getting started. Apple (computer) was not supposed to do anything with audio, or Apple (records) would take legal action.

When the Apple computers started to have sounds, one of the alert sounds was called "sosumi" - so sue me!!

You can read about it here:

Apple vs Apple (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,88439,00.html#2)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.