PDA

View Full Version : Modo 401 Problem, (Help)

brunogaza
07-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Good Night My Friends.

Sorry, my English isn`t good.

So, After Instalation I ran the Software Modo 401, and when i click on MODEL QUAD or anything beside it, the program closes, with no errors... just close..

I need Help.

Thank You.

fuzzylizard
07-11-2009, 02:07 AM
Your best bet is to post this on the Modo forum. The closing without errors means that Modo has crashed (it does that a lot with Modo 401 for strange reasons). Also, if you can reproduce the problem, post a bug on the Luxology site via your account.

TheAlienGus
07-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Yeah, i'm severly not yet impressed with 401 too.

The first thing that pops into my mind would be to check
your config files. Did you use your configs from previous
modo versions? I might recommend backing them up, than
delete them out of the Luxology Modo folder. That's the
only thing off fo the top of my head.

runejw
07-15-2009, 06:26 PM
If Modo had released the eval version - more users would be able to help each other and more bugs would be discovered sooner.

IF what's mentioned on the Luxology forum that they might not release a demo version until 402 - then I believe they will loose some goodwill. Don't think too many new users are willing to cash out $995 on something they cannot test-ride, and surely all existing owners should have their copy/download by now (ref the text that they are focusing getting the program out to those that bought the program/upgrade).

As to your particular problem - what operating system version, graphics card and driver, etc, tested it on more than one machine, etc...?

LuckyV
07-21-2009, 02:02 AM
count me as one of those new users who is very interested in migrating from LW, but needs to play with an eval version...

TheAlienGus
07-22-2009, 03:51 AM
count me as one of those new users who is very interested in migrating from LW, but needs to play with an eval version...

You'll never look back. But, if i were you i wouldn't hold your breathe for 401.
I would look into contacting Lux for an eval of 302.

CGTalk Moderation
07-22-2009, 03:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.