PDA

View Full Version : Any Fantasy Landscape Conceptual Artists here?

ssava
05-11-2002, 04:23 PM
Hey everyone...
Realizing what a great amount of talent that's here...
I thought I'd see if there's anyone who's adept at designing fantasy worlds....like Shrek...Lord of the Rings...even Star Wars...that type of thing...
I've got a book I'm trying to work on the side called the Dreamland Chronicles...and the only thing we're missing is someone who can visualize the world for me.
I've been so busy with Spider-Man...that I'm going to have to get some help on this....

So...please post some pics if you have em....
Mind you...I've seen ALOT of work so far...so please keep it down to 1 or 2 pics at the most for now...if I'm interested...I'll let ya know.

Also...this WILL be a paying gig...of course.
But since it's comic books...and coming out ot MY pocket...don't expect to be rich....ok?

Best way to look at it is...
Do you like comic books?
Do you want to be involved in one?
If your answer is YES to both of those...then please show me your work.

If your answer is....yes...but I need money!!!!!!
Then do NOT post...because the guys who are working with me on Spider-Man....had to work for peanuts at first too....

It's hard to (on my budget) just throw alot of money at people you don't know and have never worked with.

It's also hard to accept a big project like Spider-Man and NOT have worked with your modellers and designers before.

I like to work with guys for a bit and get to know them...trust them....

Anyways...sorry for rambling...just trying to head off the replies of....people asking for how much money....and such....
It's money...we'll say a couple of thousand US dollars.....IF you get the job...ok?

Thanks guys....
Scott

Oh...and here's a poster I put together last year for the San Diego Comic COn....

http://www.bluedreamstudios.com/Dreamland/DreamlandChroniclesAd.JPG

Cockofthewok
05-11-2002, 04:36 PM
You're making a graphic novel? cool beans! hopefully you don't mind me replying to your post without submitting anything. I would but I need a lot more practice before I could do anything on a professional level. I have a feeling we'll be seeing some awesome work on this thread soon. maybe you could turn it into a challenge. btw the attatched picture looks awesome!

ssava
05-11-2002, 04:40 PM
Thanks...I appreciate the compliment...
For those of you who don't know me...I'm doing a full CGI Spider-Man book...issue 1 comes out Wednesday.
GO here to see some of the art....
Blue Dream Studios Forum Thread on Quality of Life (Spider-Man Issue 1) (http://www.bluedreamstudios.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Comics&action=display&num=1021042028)

puddlefish
05-11-2002, 09:10 PM
I might be interested depending on the particulars of the deal. I don't mind not getting paid that much as long as issues like copyright ownership etc. are dealt with fairly.

I'm a huge comic fan and collector, and a concept artist (character, creature, mechanical, environment). I don't have access to most of my work at the moment (portfolio abroad :rolleyes: ) but here's some stuff I've done for these forums. They're mainly creature designs, but it should give you an idea of my ability.

Email if you'd like to talk more (raimi29@hotmail.com)

puddlefish
05-11-2002, 09:11 PM
# 2, a snow dragon:

puddlefish
05-11-2002, 09:12 PM
My so far unfinished April challenge:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.