PDA

View Full Version : RealFlow Anyone?

Omita
05-11-2002, 04:37 PM
Anyone here use RealFlow. I have been messing around with it a bit but unless I am doing very simple animations it takes forever. I have a Dual PIII 750... which isn't cutting edge but evern the simplest scenes seem to take a long time.

Anyone here ever used RealFlow or RealWave in a production environment with tight dead lines?

-Omita

vbstudios
05-12-2002, 01:20 PM
well, im using just a p3 866, 64mb geforce ultra and used real wave a few times. normally, im back in lightwave witht he mesh in a minute, tops. average of around 300 frames.

how long does it normally take...

vic

www.vicbarrystudios.com

clifford
05-13-2002, 09:33 AM
Well .. Realwave can be really fast if you lower the water definition (or use multi-definition areas)

With Realflow, work's a bit harder and longer ...
First of all, use proxy objects instead of full objects ...
Decrease the number of particles and tweak a little the mesh approximations . you'll have to find the good values between mesh and particle number.
I think working with realflow meshes is faster since you can do all the tweaking in realflow until you're satisfied and the rendering will be faster than with the particles/hypervoxel couple ...

But anyway, working with Real Flow/Wave is hard work ...

Omita
05-15-2002, 11:59 AM
yeah... I am figuring out just how hard Real Flow can be the hard way... The tutorials were pretty straightforward and I am getting around the package just fine, but it quickly slows down to a crawl in a matter of seconds. I guess the first scene I was trying to do was rather large. It was massive geological flood where a wall of water comes crashing down a valley. Even with a really low point setting and having a simple un-realistic mesh was taking a lot of time.

I actually purchased a seat of RealFlow, RealWave and Flow Tracer because its a very impressive team of products but I am still looking for some guidance. But right now I am just going to experiment and see what I can do. I have been messing around with Real Flow and LW

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.