PDA

View Full Version : can a Particle inheritance a color from his parent?

SePu
07-08-2009, 05:30 PM
I do not know if that make completely sense but I will explain it as best I can ..

so I have these spheres which are particles I have two different colors ... one is blue and the other one is orange ..... so if I emit from those particles .... so I want a trail .... can those particles have the same color as the sphere?
btw both of these particles are emitting from the same emitter ? Im just using the Instancer to make them look different.

I hope it make sense .

Thank you.

dizzyone
07-08-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm not sure if I understand your question, you've made a sphere out of particles?

It might not be what you're looking for, but the emitter can inherit colors from textures and procedurals (preferably when when emitting from a surface), inside the emitter attributes theres this thing called texture emission, make sure to tick "inherit color". The texture does not necessarily have to be the same as the one applied to the sphere (if its actually a poly or nurb).
It could prove to be a useful work around, so again, not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Jacobborsting
07-09-2009, 12:24 PM
If you emit your trail particles with an expression on your main particlesystem, you can send the color information along as the particles are emitted:

vector $vel = particleShape1.velocity;
vector $pos = particleShape1.position;
vector $rgb = particleShape1.rgbPP;
string $p = "particleShape2";
emit -o $p -pos ($pos.x) ($pos.y) ($pos.z)
-at rgbPP -vectorValue ($rgb.x) ($rgb.y) ($rgb.z)
-at velocity -vectorValue ($vel.x) ($vel.y) ($vel.z);

Or if your using an instancer, you can send the objindex attr to the trail particlesystem.

I don't know if its possible to inherit attributes, when emitting particles of another system.

CGTalk Moderation
07-09-2009, 12:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.