PDA

View Full Version : Maya Network Rendering

sleepingbeagle
07-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Hey all,

I've been toying with Network rendering with Mental Ray Satellite 3.7.1 for Maya 2009. I'm using one Master and 2 render-slaves. So far, I've got some pretty good results, but I want to fine-tune them. Sad thing is, there isn't much info readily available online, apart from the setup process itself.

I would like to know if anyone has links to good resources as to how to interpret the Maya render log (you know, For Dummies types :wise:).

There's also one more issue that's been a bit of a pickle. Of the two render-slaves that I'm using, one of them is quite powerful(more mem and cpu). However, during the render I find that the weaker one is processing a lot more than it's stronger counterpart, though both systems don't have any other apps running on them. Is there any way to make the stronger slave crunch more data?

Also, is there anyway to get clock render-times than manually going through Wall-Clock entries in the render-log?

Whew! Too much for one post.. thanks in advance to anyone who can throw a little light on these issues.

Cheers,
SleepingBeagle

CGTalk Moderation
07-08-2009, 01:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.