PDA

View Full Version : add bones to control rig

stopar
07-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi,
can I add some normal bones (like jaw) to Control Rig? Now i only animate these bones like normal bones, they haven`t control points like IK control rig. But this is bad work, because now i have 2 sceletons (bone and IK) :(
some help?

Neill
07-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Hi,
can I add some normal bones (like jaw) to Control Rig? Now i only animate these bones like normal bones, they haven`t control points like IK control rig. But this is bad work, because now i have 2 sceletons (bone and IK) :(
some help?

Yes, you can add additional bones to the character - by setting them as character extension. There is some information about character extension in MoBu help.

bclark
07-08-2009, 07:32 PM
* oh I see i was late on the response/refresh.
make it a character extension and it will work and store with the character rig.

stopar
07-09-2009, 04:56 AM
thx a lot guys! :) i`ll try it :)

stopar
07-10-2009, 10:57 AM
So, i use character extension and have another problem with it.
I have Control rig of human and it has more bones (etc. jaw), so i add jaw like extension and when i apply motion from mocap on this character rig - i have some edit motion on layer1 - then i can`t use zero key correctly. The bone of jaw is not place to correct space, so i don`t know what about it :(

Green-Man
07-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Too Late, Too Late...
Reply could be useful despite on old post.

All Character Extensions has uniqe Properties in the appropriate tab in Asset Browser. And there are "Update Stance Pose" and "Go to Stance Pose" buttons there.

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2009, 06:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.