PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Demo Reel: Brighten Me Up!

Kellios
07-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Hey all! I created a demo reel for the end of my school career, and after having little luck, I'm looking forward for improvement.

It can be found here: http://vimeo.com/4484567
Or here: www.antipyretic.net

I'm looking for any form of suggestions, comments, criticism, thoughts, death threats, declarations of love, anything! I would love to hear what people think.

I am aiming towards a Lighting TD/Artist position. Should there be anything else I should gear my works toward? Do I seem to be missing anything? I've been told to cut it down a little, which I have no problems doing, but any other critique anyone can offer me would be most excellent.

Thanks so much!

doffer
07-10-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm in no way a expert in lighting, but one thing that I noticed though, was that the lighting seemed a bit too direct/hard shadowed.
Like it could have used a bit more bounce light.

AlexisV
07-11-2009, 03:19 PM
You have some really good work in that démo. But, like peoples told you, I think it's way to long.

You should get rid of some of your "render pass transition", you don't have to that in all of your scene for the same animation.

If you want to be a light TD I don't think it's really necessary to have the design of your animation.

Your animation with the girl looks nice ^^
It's sad that the ferrys does'nt light the floor, if they does, the shadow of the girl suppose to flick a bit, because all the ferrys moves.

Really like the music :D

Kellios
07-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Doffer: Thank you! I'll certainly keep it in mind.

AlexisV: Thank you very much! They're actually birds, not fairies, but I get that a lot, no problem :) Really appreciate the feedback, thank you very much!

Any other takers? Don't be shy!

CGTalk Moderation
07-13-2009, 03:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.