PDA

View Full Version : Marines VS Mutant Sharks

Darknon
07-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Hi Everyone

It's been a while since I finished this trailer with a few other fellows. I want to hear what you think about it.

I did all the animation you see, the marines, the creatures, the robot, the camera, all that. It's all hand animated.

Comments are very welcome :)

Animation Here (Youtube link)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt90d-JJ09Q

Screenshot here:
http://www.interstellarmarines.com/media/uploads/screenshots/ss0053_1280x720_zps_interstellarmarines_screenshot_photosession_002_jpg_versions/medium_ss0053_1280x720_zps_interstellarmarines_screenshot_photosession_002.jpg

SkullRazer
07-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Great vid! what software do you guys use??
one day i hope to make the games lol and not long untill i send off portfolio work :)
*twinkles a shimmer of hope in his eyes*

animeagan
07-07-2009, 11:16 PM
That. Was awesome. TOTALLY want to play that game! And, very nice animation. ;)

KielFiggins
07-09-2009, 06:02 AM
Very Cool. Love the ideas of Sharks with legs.

Is there a making of or any secondary material?

Keep up the good work.

Darknon
07-09-2009, 11:02 AM
There's some behind the photosession on www.interstellarmarines.com (http://www.interstellarmarines.com) And lots of other nice stuff and videos.

mistasam02
07-09-2009, 10:13 PM
That was rad! :D Love everything about the attack. This looks like it could be the next L4D.. but with mutant sharks and stuff, lol. Great job!

Darknon
07-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Thanks everyone.

Anyone else wanna say something about this animation? :)

madm4tt
07-17-2009, 11:00 AM
It's a really cool animation, in Hi Res I see a little bit of Aliasing...

P.S.: some technical informations?
Bye

Darknon
07-17-2009, 12:30 PM
well, not really much to say, it's pretty strait forward. It's all hand animated. I started out with a rough block out of poses . Then just added more and more poses, and getting the timing right. Then in the end converted it all to smooth curves, and fixed all what which looked wrong, and then added a detailed animation pass in the end.

It all took about 2 month to do. 4 guys. 1 animator (me), one rigger, one modeler and one particle dude.

Animation and rigging was done in Maya. Particle effects and rendering was done with our game engine. that's why the lack of anti alising.

madm4tt
07-17-2009, 03:01 PM
well, not really much to say, it's pretty strait forward. It's all hand animated. I started out with a rough block out of poses . Then just added more and more poses, and getting the timing right. Then in the end converted it all to smooth curves, and fixed all what which looked wrong, and then added a detailed animation pass in the end.

It all took about 2 month to do. 4 guys. 1 animator (me), one rigger, one modeler and one particle dude.

Animation and rigging was done in Maya. Particle effects and rendering was done with our game engine. that's why the lack of anti alising.

Thanx Darknon, the dynamics and the secondary movements are really well made...

Bye

CGTalk Moderation
07-17-2009, 03:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.