PDA

View Full Version : MR contour rendering issues

Arcon
07-06-2009, 11:49 PM
i'm new to contour rendering with MR - i've setup a contour render and it creates the nice smooth quad lines i want with the right thickness, but it doesn't seem to allow for distance.... eg. the lines should appear thinner on objects that area further away from the camera.

i know there are options for relative & absolute contour width, but changing this doesn't make any difference on further away objects. also in globals setting the distance & depth options does nothing... except print "error" in the script editor... ? this is with 8.5.

also is there are way to get a transparent wireframe render so you can see through the objects and see the wireframe on the other side..? doesn't matter too much about that, but i definitely need to get the depth stuff sorted. any help much apprec.

EDIT: i've also tried using a contour_depthfade node in the custom contour shader slot, it doesn't seem to work either! just shows the near color & width but not the far...??

CGTalk Moderation
07-06-2009, 11:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.