PDA

View Full Version : Thread Moved Without Any Explanation.

Spectre-7
07-06-2009, 09:57 PM
I understand that (as the rules specify) threads with software specific questions should be posted in the designated forums. However, I posted a thread with information about a recently completed competition that just happens to be Blender specific, and it was moved silently without any sort of explanation, or any way to contact the moderator responsible.

This is frustrating to say the least. I posted the results in the interest of showing folks some of the work currently being done in Blender. There is a bit of a stigma (much of it earned, I know) against Blender and its users currently, and I thought that sharing a gallery of some decent completed work might help change that opinion somewhat. If we can't even link to contests or galleries in the general area, this essentially disallows any communication between communities.

The most frustrating part is that I don't believe it would've been moved if it it were a contest for any other software covered on this board. I understand that Blender advocates can often go overboard, and there's been an excess of Blender related (really inconsequential) news recently, but this move gives the impression that Blender and its users are simply unwanted, and I'd hoped that the environment around here might be a little more welcoming than that.

Instead, Blender is being sequestered away in its own little forum. Most sadly, moving the thread prevents the contestants from getting the exposure they rightly deserve, regardless of what tools they used to produce their work.

I'm sorry if this has come off as a rant, but I'm really very disappointed in the way this was handled, and it's dealt a tremendous blow in my interest in participating around here at all.

Kirt
07-07-2009, 02:32 AM
Really? That's what you're going to go with? You should have stopped here ...I understand that (as the rules specify) threads with software specific questions should be posted in the designated forums.All the rest is just nonsense. :curious:

Spectre-7
07-07-2009, 05:43 AM
So the long and short of it is, if there is a challenge for any specific software, the results should not be shared with the community at large. Okay. Great. Thanks. Also, thank you very much for referring to a reasoned post as nonsense. I really appreciate that too.

Kirt
07-07-2009, 06:23 AM
Reasoned posts usually have some basis in fact. What I'm reading is a post of pure conjecture and speculation. Correct me if I'm wrong by supporting your assumptions with facts and then I'll be the first to tell you that I was wrong.

The thread in question was specific to the Blender software and therefore suitable to be moved to the Blender forum. I see no fault if one of the FLs decided to move it there. I have moved many threads that are specific to other applications from the GD/News sections to their respective software specific forums. What's the difference?

:shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
07-07-2009, 06:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.