PDA

View Full Version : problem rendering foam with mental

flore33
07-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Hi,

I have set up all my wake and foam and now I would like to render the ocean with mental ray. My problem is that the foam of the ocean wake foam texture is ignored. Is there some set up that I am missing? don't quite understand what it's happening here. If I render in Mental Ray with raytrace turn off I have the foam but then i am loosing the caustics.
What will be the solutions to be able to have the foam and the caustics appearing in MR.
also if I turn shadow off the foam reappear. could someone help me to understand what is going on.
Thank you in advance.

igi
07-07-2009, 09:37 AM
I would like to know that too.
As I remember from tests the foam IS there (if you change value of color way up you will see it), but not the colour that is intended, or like it is in software renderer.
Tried also channel it to mia_material, but no good result.

flore33
07-07-2009, 11:21 AM
after many test here is a solution I found. turn off ray trace shadow and use map shadow instead and the foam is rendered..

CGTalk Moderation
07-07-2009, 11:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.