PDA

View Full Version : CGtalk.com percularity when accessed via PC

TheGreenGiant
07-28-2003, 10:34 AM
Hello all (mods and such),

I've been trying to access CGtalk all day on the PCs here and for some strange perculiar reason, it keeps saying CG talk is away under repairs (caching forum) I think and "will be back in 5 minutes" - BUT it never gets fixed. It was like that all yesterday, started around noon. I don't know what is going on, but I just got annoyed and decided to try a mac and WALLLAH!!! Here it is. Is this normal? Is the forum undergoing some sort of caching/backup right now? It is so annoying not to be able to access the site from my workstation.

Cheerio.
TGG

** I should add that I can access CGnetworks and the other sister sites fine

Gentle Fury
07-28-2003, 04:49 PM
ummm, thats not an anomily, just means they were updating.

wedge
07-28-2003, 04:58 PM
fury where you been at, bro?

DesignDawg
07-28-2003, 05:50 PM
It's voila
:thumbsup:

leigh
07-29-2003, 01:01 AM
I had this problem the other day while the forum was being backed up (a daily routine), but after an extra 5 or 10 minutes had passed, I just used the CTRL F5 instead, and it worked. I guess it kept just using the one stored in cache (although it usually doesn't, but perhaps that is because of the PHP, as opposed to the normal HTML page that goes up during the backup process).

Since the Mac had nothing stored in cache, it worked :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.