PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for SMC12

SKeller
07-06-2009, 02:03 PM
hi everyone,

Let's try to quickly choose a theme for the next challenge, as theres been a gap of one week, i believe, since last one.
In my opinion the vote system was working better, as we had more entries in past SMCs (or, maybe most people just didnt had enough time for participating). So my suggestion would be to pick some subjects and choose the one everyone feels would be the best.

paulcapon
07-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Boats? Could be fun, keep it broad so that everyone has the flexibility they need?

-JohNny45

SKeller
07-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Boats sounds nice!
I was thinking about an 'Alley'. Both 'boats' and 'alley' should be broad enough for all skills range.
Lets see if anyone has other ideas and then we decide.

Immortal765
07-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Yeah, we should get back to our roots :D Sorry for making such a narrowed topic for the last SMC.

SKeller, you stole my idea. I was going to suggest boats as well for the next SMC.

Boats would be excellent.

SKeller
07-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Immortal765: I think roller coaster was a good theme, but it was hard to make it in a short amount of time.

lol! JohNny was the one that suggested boats!
So, if everyone agrees, we should make boats on the next SMC!

Digitool
07-06-2009, 07:50 PM
well I dunno. The only reason why I say so is that the game artists forum is currently doing their speed modeling challenge on pirate ships. If some of us also do that challenge, it could cause some dis-interest in doing both challenges.

But if everyone votes for boats then the people have spoken haha.

I'll just toss out some ideas in case::

Blacksmith shop
interior living room
kart (think of the cartoon kart racing games over the years)

paulcapon
07-06-2009, 08:03 PM
that's a good point regarding ships. I mean we could change it up a bit...so spaceships ? Otherwise, the Kart idea could be lots of fun. Good two cents there Digitool :).

-JohNny45

Immortal765
07-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Space boats?

SKeller
07-07-2009, 02:44 AM
i guess we will have to choose between Boats (and its variations) or Kart.
My vote goes to Kart.

The problem with spaceships is that it was the first SMC. I don't think there's nothing wrong with repeating themes, but its always better to do something new.

Digitool
07-07-2009, 02:55 AM
I prefer the kart out of those two because the other forum having a boat theme... then the next week we could run with boats or something.

paulcapon
07-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Ok...Karts it is.

CGTalk Moderation
07-07-2009, 12:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.