http://www.dd-designs.net/temp/0028.jpg

and in true first post style link broken
go figure:bounce:

FIREDD
05-11-2002, 11:01 AM
cool!

diazgl
05-11-2002, 12:09 PM
nice, very nice modelling and everything, but I think that maybe its too dark, and the distribution of light hides a lot of details. Try using a more intense light source, from outside the windows (also, volumetrics wouldn't be bad) and a light source with about 10% intensity, attatched to the camera (no shadows from this light). Also, I think you are using too much of an angle for your picture.

davedavidson
05-11-2002, 12:12 PM
:)
thanks for the comments

davedavidson
05-11-2002, 12:25 PM
http://www.dd-designs.net/temp/0030.jpg

getting lighter
as i said i want a dark moody one
and now i doing a moring shot
then a full blown day shot

Edin
05-11-2002, 05:21 PM
Looking much better with it being lighter.

A few sugestions though:

-the headlight on the beetle looks streatched.
-The board with wheels infront of the rover looks to light for the area it's in. Also maybe chip it up a bit.
-Finally, the edges on the trough between the two vehicles are way to sharp.

This is a pretty damned sweet image. Good work.

hypercube
05-11-2002, 05:52 PM
Great stuff! Really sweet texturing. Look forward to when the sun comes up to see it all :)

One thing I noticed, not everything seems to be to the same scale..since the offroad vehicle is really funky stylized, that could just be how it is, so if that's the case, nevermind..but for instance the hammer seems extremely big compared to the tires, the clock on the wall, etc.

Also the same note on each pic, the shoplight on the floor seems very very dim, almost to the point of not really noticing that's where the light is coming from..esp. in the darker scenes it seems unnatural that it wouldn't stand out more.

Other than that, fab :)

STRAT
05-11-2002, 05:58 PM
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: TOP STUFF

davedavidson
05-11-2002, 05:59 PM
:bounce:
lights lights lights
ok sunlight coming up very very very soon
clock is massive
scale of jeep is ok
hammer is well i dunno didnt bother to notice much
spot light is getting turned off cause the sun is up
apart from that
thanks for the cool comments

more to follow
watch this space I
V

bealobo
05-11-2002, 06:44 PM
Helloooo!
It is great! very nice and the lights are better now, it seems to me like a rainy dawn atmosphere. I like it a lot.

Just to point out some things about the graphics of the render. The camera angle is quite forced, may be the camera is too high or angled though. And the other thing that I would point out is that, as you can see the entire car in the middle of the image, you canīt get the dimensions and it looks a bit like a toy-car.
Try to cut out the target (the car in this case) off the plane and it will look more interesting.

Great work!

Bealobo:thumbsup:

diazgl
05-11-2002, 10:39 PM
wow, just noticed man, there is something extremely wrong with the shadows. Especially under the car, and near the front wheel. Just a question. Is this a garage, and the garage door open at the moment?

davedavidson
05-11-2002, 11:23 PM
yeah it is a garage and also the door infront of the jeep is open
and there is a small light coming through it

this is also why the front of the jeep is lit up
so u can see the grill

and also why it is playing with the shadows under it

well spotted
the only one

dutch
05-11-2002, 11:56 PM
very nice dd:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.