PDA

View Full Version : Why was my image denied because it didnt have my full real name???

InTheLight
07-05-2009, 03:06 PM
I got an email that stated my image submission, my first one here, was denied because i didnt use my full real name?, I did use my full real name: Jesus Jaar, in fact i changed it in my portfolio settings because i had entered a shorter version when i was just registering here.

But With all do respect, how are you guys supposed to know or even doubt if i didnt use my full real name? (it isnt the case here but still i find it weird)... i mean for all you guys know i could be called Mice Grace.. and how could you find out? that doesnt give u a reason to doubt it because it sounds weird or its short or w/e... its just what happened with my name (Jesus Jaar)... So please next time at least ask before you say someone is lying about their name when it isnt something so far fetched like a nick name of a forum name or iono...

Well anyways i think i got a little carried away there, and for that i apologize... Back to the point i was here from the start: can you please now allow my image to go into the 3d art stills so it can be critiqued and i can improve?.

Have a good day.

Kirt
07-05-2009, 03:37 PM
The name on your image submission was "Jesus" not "Jesus Jaar" as you're stating. Therefore, it was not your full real name and it was denied.

InTheLight
07-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Now I cant upload any images.... Iono why but when i hit submitt it just returns me to the same submission form page but now without the option of adding it to the forum for critique.

Joat
07-09-2009, 11:56 AM
I had my image denied for not using my real name too. I was using it at first, but soon grew tired of having every single thread I ever wrote something to appear as a Google search result when searching by my name.

I run a business, and I also like to participate here using my real name. But I don't necessarily want everyone who search information about me to find the stuff I post here first. I'm here to learn, and I'm here to relax after and in between work. I want to be able to express opinions, ask stupid questions and have a status as someone who is learning this stuff. I also want other users of cgtalk to know who I am as a real person, so there's some accountability in what I say or do.

But my opinions and views expressed here are not the thing I want my (potential) customers to stumble upon if they search info about me. For them I try to remain as professional as I can.

I have therefore modified my name so that it is still fully human readable, but does not show in Google search results.

If that results in my work being denied from the showcase galleries, so be it.

CGTalk Moderation
07-09-2009, 11:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.