PDA

View Full Version : CG Helicopter Live action plate WIP

derkoi
07-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to achieve a realistic helicopter composited on a live action plate.

I made an effects test & i'd like your suggestions as to make it more real, i can't put my finger on what more it needs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U369k1mH9v8

Watch in HD if you can.

Thanks

scrimski
07-05-2009, 05:12 PM
The helis animation looks a bit too static.
I'm in no way an expert, but would add i very subtile motion to it, maybe exaggerate the motion when it accelerates or turns around.

derkoi
07-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Your comments confuse me, do you mean add subtle shakes or some other movement to the heli?

Also exaggerate the motion, you mean faster?

StSabath
07-05-2009, 06:35 PM
First of all,nice work sofar.

As suggested above,i would increase the speed of the main rotor,maybe try to get the "inverse"-effect in(the effect that you get when an object spins round at very high speed,so that it seems that the object spins in different directions on intervals).
Also when a rotary wing is at the height as presented in the animation,it will disturb the surroundings by kicking up dust/debree,or generate winds on the ground.

But as i said,good work sofar.

scrimski
07-05-2009, 07:01 PM
our comments confuse me, do you mean add subtle shakes or some other movement to the heli?Kind of.

Also exaggerate the motion, you mean faster?No. When the heli acclerates(at 0:13) the nose dips down and pretty fast goes up again. Try to extend that momentum a bit. Same when the heli comes to stand stil in mid air at 0:03. Let it 'swing a bit more - tail down, nose up and slide a tad foward. The way it stops feels too abrupt.

derkoi
07-05-2009, 08:21 PM
StSabath, thanks for your reply.

Yeah, i forgot about wind and dust etc, silly me!

I had a hard time getting the rotors to look like they do as they kinda stuttered and didn't flow too well how i had them, i suppose maybe trying to calculate rotations x frames of animation will be in order.

scrimski, thanks for that, i understand what you mean now.

CGTalk Moderation
07-05-2009, 08:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.