PDA

View Full Version : HDRI problem

ganzo
07-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Heya guys, there might be a simple solution to this, but I cant really seem to find it.

I created a rough mesh to look like a water splash and created a simple glass shader on it. Im using an HDR panorama on a sphere with using a surface shader. Im also using an image plane. I want to get the light contribution from the HDR, but I want the image plane to be refracted through the material. So basically...light contribution from hdr but want to hide that in render time and show the image plane as background and see it refracted through the glass material.

The image plane blocks the light contribution from the hdr. How can I hide the hdr sphere and still get its contribution?

cbamber85
07-04-2009, 10:53 PM
For HDRI use the the big IBL 'Create' button in the indirect lighting tab of the render settings window. This creates an IBL node and automatically builds all the proper connections, the node won't render but obviously still casts light.

As for the image plane, I'd actually create a plane, use a surface shader (I'm assuming you want it self-illuminating), and disconnect it from the IBL in the light linker.

AlexTNT
07-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Well you select the plane and go to atribute editor , and shape ,
then you go to render stats and uncheck cast shadow , receive shadow ,visible in reflections , visible in reflactions ,
then same thing for the sphere go to render stats and uncheck primary visibility

Try this it may work

CGTalk Moderation
07-05-2009, 08:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.