PDA

View Full Version : Tiger, Ninja Run cycles

vikramvarma
07-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Hi Guys,

Just added new animation clips for my latest Demo. Have a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVBy7cfBYxY

Vikram

Geuse
07-03-2009, 10:25 PM
you've seem to forgot to add a link?

PinkSherbet
07-04-2009, 06:13 AM
Your run cycles looks good. I like ur ninja run.

Your tiger run, the first turn to the front view makes the tiger looks abit awkward. Your tiger didn't look very sure it wanted to turn its head, try to let its head turn faster and its body too. 'Cos now the back body dun seem to be following the front body and head.
I think you can try working on the tail controller closest to its back body, let it move with the arc your tail makes.
As for the head, let it bounce, is pretty still now besides the turning.
And the body, i think you can overlap more, the tiger looks like is running for the sake of running. I like this part when it is turning back to the side view, there was a rhythm. Your timing is quite constant for now.

Keep up the good run!

vikramvarma
07-05-2009, 05:03 AM
Good critique Pink Sherbet. I agree with you. The head turn needs work. Need to shift gears here and there.

Thanks.

vikramvarma
07-05-2009, 05:13 AM
Hi Geuse. Yeah I forgot the link. It was a bit late and I was ZZZzzzz.
The link is up now :thumbsup:. Have a look.

mistasam02
07-06-2009, 05:17 AM
The tiger looks too much like a see-saw right now. His spine needs to bend and stretch so that the head and tail end aren't going back and forth at the same time. Strong vertical shoulder motion is also key to making the tiger believable.

The ninja looks way better, but bring his feet closer in to his body, and try more side to side on the waist. Right now his body is too rigid to show any power. Good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
07-06-2009, 05:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.