PDA

View Full Version : Reset View

ChristianFischer
07-27-2003, 05:35 PM
hi :)

does anyone know if there is a "reset view" plugin/script for modeler?

sometimes i want to get back to the view, when starting modeler.

cheers chris

ChristianFischer
08-04-2003, 08:12 PM
i guess that means NO http://www.cgworld.de/images/smilies/disturbed.gif

manfriday
08-04-2003, 08:14 PM
I can't speak for eveyone else, but I for one havent a clue what you are talking about.

Remi
08-04-2003, 08:19 PM
if you're talking the default view for the windows...try hitting 5 on the numeric pad...if that doesn't work...hit d and select quad in the layout views...if this isn't what you're talking about...you need to be a bit more descriptive in your questions...:)

Steve Warner
08-04-2003, 08:27 PM
Remi is right. But if hitting 5 doesn't work, you should set up specific keypad numbers to correspond with your desired default view. To do this, set your display the way you want it and hit the CTRL+Numeric Keypad number. You'll get a requester with several options. Set them as necessary. My 5 key is set to always bring me back to a quad screen with Wireframe shaded view. My 8 key brings up a side-by-side wireframe and solid shaded view. Having these presets is helpful for the times when you tweak your quad display or perspective view and quickly want to reset them to a default.

Cheers!

Steve

ChristianFischer
08-04-2003, 09:07 PM
sorry for my bad description :)

another try:

when you open modeler you a looking straight down the z-axis and you have got the origin in the center of the view.

now after panning around, ect. the (virtual modeler) camera is facing somewhere else.

is there a way to reset the camera without closing and reopening modeler?

in xsi i would press "r" to reset the view.

cheers chris

ps: i hope its clear now :p

Bytehawk
08-04-2003, 10:53 PM
a

ChristianFischer
08-04-2003, 11:14 PM
no

Psyhke
08-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Yes, there is. It's a two click process though. From the View Mode menu (Perpective, Front, Back, etc.) choose "(none)". Then switch back to Perspective, and it should be reset.

I think* you could map the (none) view to one of the keypad numbers as a kind of reset button, I guess.

ChristianFischer
08-04-2003, 11:29 PM
hi pshyke.

that trick is not working for me.

thanks anyway to you and the others who tried to help :)

Brett H.
08-05-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Psyhke
Yes, there is. It's a two click process though. From the View Mode menu (Perpective, Front, Back, etc.) choose "(none)". Then switch back to Perspective, and it should be reset.

I think* you could map the (none) view to one of the keypad numbers as a kind of reset button, I guess.
That works for me, Psyhke. Thanks for that, I've wondered this for awhile. Wings uses the "r" key to reset the view, and I'm always hitting it in modeler.

Not sure why it's not working for you, Chrischan.

I can't seem to map it to a key without it changing every pane to the "none", even when I choose "single pane". (?)

Brett

Rumors
08-05-2003, 02:43 AM
Hitting A will center all your views on what you have selected, hitting a will center to the origin if nothing's in the layer, or fit your model in all views.

If you mean the window layout/front/back/side/perspective/different shaded modes, then you can map the views to the numeric keypad.

Putting your cursor over a viewport and pressing CTRL+a keypad number will bring up a dialog box so you can either save that individual pane, or the whole window.

I like to set;
9 wireframe perspective
8 wireframe shade perspective
7 is sketchmode perspective
6 weight shade perspective
5 default full window
4 smooth shade perspective
3 UV texture
2 split 2 view, perspective smooth shade and sketch
1 Texture perspective.

-Jeff

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.