PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had this happen?F9,then LW hangs?

wgreenlee1
07-27-2003, 09:31 AM
Anyone had this happen?F9,then LW hangs?

Hey everyone....

When I press F9 LW goes through the motions and then when its done rendering it hangs.
Now when this happens I press "ctrl+alt+delete" on when the task manager pops up ,without doing anything LW then finishes bringing the render to the image frame.

I guess I'm going to call Newtek but thought I would try here.

I dont know what the problem is..
No virus software,nothing out of the ordinary on my computer that would cause this.

I have the drivers for XP and XP is all up to date....
Never had this happen before,has anyone else.

Thanks....

(Back into lurking mode,:wavey: )

Para
07-27-2003, 09:59 AM
How complex your scene is? I had similar troubles a while ago when I was rendering 4 polygons with SubD level 75, it took about 10 minutes to LW even notice I pressed F9 and during that time task manager claimed that LW was "Not responding".

wgreenlee1
07-27-2003, 10:21 AM
Hi Para...

No it even does it without anything in the scene.

It renders the image but the display frame(FP) will not popup like it should.
The render info shows it done but the continue button is still not lit and then when I go for the task manager it suddenly appears.

I reinstalled LW and 7.0b did it,7.5 does it,and even 7.5c does it so I am confuzzled.....

Thanks for the help though.:thumbsup:

EDIT:.....:blush: Got it fixed.....must have tweaked the registry a little too much... :rolleyes: ..:banghead:

Back to lurking mode....

aurora
07-27-2003, 04:22 PM
I've ran into this problem every now and then. For me, even as lately as yesterday it was do to memory problems. I just have a bad habit of having to many things running at once and after a while they just all start wigging out and LW ends up hanging in a render. This is really sad for me since I have 2gb of RAM. But having that second monitor to dispay all kinds of crap while I'm working can be very enticing, like playing at CGTalk and modeling at the same time (cough, like now, cough).
Out of curiosity what in the reg's got messed up?

wgreenlee1
07-28-2003, 11:58 AM
I'm not sure,I restored a back up regedit I had and all is well now.
If I get to tweaking again and it happens again I will try to catch whats causeing it.

zapper1998
07-28-2003, 01:52 PM
start up doc watson, so when something happens it will be recorded, i have Doc watson running most of the time

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.