PDA

View Full Version : WMap problem

shade
07-27-2003, 10:28 AM
Hi, I'v been strugling with wmaps for a while now and finally decided to ask your opinion. I find extremly hard to get wmaps for the hip/leg area right, well meaning that I'm trying to get character pants work well. I have get decent deformation on the leg, but when trying to wmap pants correctly, skin will eventually cross the pants and show somewhere. Now I'm asking, should I get rid of the leg beneath the pants? Perhaps animate pants with MD? Try to get more sophisticated wmaps or what? What would you do?

Thanks in advance and if I didn't make myself clear, I can attach some pictures for ya?

vbk!!!
07-27-2003, 10:42 AM
have you the same geometry with the pants and the legs ?
Have you seen tutorials on newtek site about it ?

shade
07-27-2003, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I have seen it. Wondering what would the be the easiest way to go. Well, I think I'll try MD way first. Tho I need to change trousers geometry a little first then. Deleting the leg might be easier, but I was thinking 'bout the result.

vbk!!!
07-27-2003, 11:10 AM
theory:

perhaps can you compensate the deformation of the trousers with a morph instead of using MD only (like a joint compensation).

shade
07-27-2003, 03:21 PM
Yeah, that might actually work. I'll try that one also..

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.