PDA

View Full Version : Noldoli

Jonathan
07-27-2003, 07:19 AM
I've been tweaking away at my new elven character as well as trying some different UV techniques. Still a work in progress.

The legs are being done in at different layer as I'm going to use MD on the pants to colide with the legs. Since they are wide, I should not have much of a problem, I do however have to up the polys a bit. Still gotta work on the textures a bit also, add more layers of hair and clean up a few polys in the bodywork.

I was using sasquatch for the hair like the brow but like the brow, it didn't quite come out right so I'm in the process of changing to the poly transparency method. I'll keep posting my progress through-out this thread.

http://www.btinternet.com/~jonathan.west3/Noldor.jpg

chikega
07-27-2003, 03:37 PM
I like it - very nice work. One humble suggestion would be to pull out the lower belly a bit - looks dented in. Also, maybe a hint of a curve and/or definition on the side of the waist - the "external oblique area". Right now, it looks stretched or like he's swooping out of a Genie bottle - if you know what I mean. If you look at some Muscle or fitness mags, you'll see what I mean - not that I want your Elf to look muscle bound - but just a hint would really make it "pop, pop, pop".

Jonathan
07-27-2003, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I see what yah mean. Looks like a minor adjustment of those lateral vertices along the obliques. Yep, now that I look at it, the gut does appear caved at the lower abs.

Thanx Chikega, I'll work these out a bit.

Nemoid
07-27-2003, 04:58 PM
Nice work, Jonathan! :beer:
i like this kinda models!
i love the cool proportions
the eyebrows give him a strange look that make
him very caracteristic.. maybe I'd make them little more
"s shape," with the end towards the top

but this is only my opinion.

keep us posted.:applause:

Maxx
07-27-2003, 05:52 PM
Looks very good so far! Only thing I could mention is that the pecs look a little short to me. Maybe drop the bottom of the pecs and the top of the ribcage (around the bottom of the sternum) just a little bit. Can't really pinpoint why, but it looks just a little out of proportion to me. Of course, I've been staring at php code all morning, so everything looks a bit out of proportion and I may be totally nuts.... :surprised: Love the heavy jaw, btw - it gives great character to the face in general! Keep us posted :thumbsup:

Jonathan
07-31-2003, 03:32 PM
Made a bit more progress with the textures. Some of the highlights seem a bit much and an alpha is missing so I'm going to add that. I decuded to go back and use sasquatch for the locks after all. It came out pretty decent. My only gripe is that I have to use shadow maps. Anyway I'll be posting again soon.

I pulled the gut out a bit and rounded the obliques.

I modified his head a bit and completely redid the textures to include the rest of the skin.

I'll be using procedurals on the metal and fabric parts.

It seems to be shaping up quite well reguardless however and he's finally starting to look aged as a 3000 year old elf warrior should look.

I'm also removing the tattoo and going with a different and LARGER design that will cover 30% of his body.

http://www.btinternet.com/~jonathan.west3/images/BErender.jpg

Nemoid
07-31-2003, 10:06 PM
Great work indeed Jonathan!!
IMHO his pectoral muscles are quite too much prominent. i didn't notice it before. i only thought it can be some help.

true that all the rest its absolutely cool. :thumbsup:

Jonathan
08-01-2003, 07:10 AM
Thanx Nemoid.

I'll tweak to pects a bit to see what I can make of them.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.