PDA

View Full Version : Modeling: Connecting two Vertices

sixeastmain
07-27-2003, 06:09 AM
I'm working on Michel Roger's Manga Head and need to connect the splines at the mouth. I'm not sure what he was talking about with the Poly-Connect bit. I would like to atleast connect the end points of the mouth so that I can give the lips a nice smooth look. Could someone please look at this picture and tell me what I need to do?

Thank's for any help or information.

Peter

TARZAN
07-30-2003, 12:38 PM
u should closed the Vertices,and then connect them

ok?

sixeastmain
07-30-2003, 07:20 PM
I had left them open in the picture for definition sake. Normally they are snap'd together. How do I "connect" them? I tried using the connect widget in the rollout, but nothing seems to happen.

Peter

TARZAN
07-31-2003, 03:51 AM
u should use 3D snap (PS:not 2.5or 2) then connect the vertexs

perhaps,u could see nothing had happened,u can click the vertex that conncted and move it ,if u were success ,the line between the vertexs will be created

Deathcricket
08-01-2003, 01:12 AM
Hehe, what you need to do is select both vertex (verticies) and "weld" them together. You may have to raise the weld distance level to get them to snap together. Hit F1 and look for info on "weld" if confused, but to make them join together "weld" is the word you are looking for.

Hope that helps, not sure the info you have gotten so far is accurate.
:p

-Deathcricket-

TARZAN
08-01-2003, 06:59 AM
:thumbsdow

oh,he need "connect" not "weld",they were different,ok?

Deathcricket
08-01-2003, 06:15 PM
Weld!!!! Not connect!! I don't even see a "connect" option!! please look here for further info.

http://www.3dtotal.com/ffa/tutorials/max/joanofarc/head1.asp

Correct me if I'm wrong, he could be using an earlier version of Max (I'm using 5) and maybe it was called something different a long long time ago. I will quote directly.

""Repeat the operation by adjusting the vertexes each time and make the complete eye shape as shown.
With Weld Target, weld the two vertexes to join the band of quads together.""

WELD!!!!

Ok done argueing, please respond if you have any troubles sixeastman, good luck.

TARZAN
08-02-2003, 02:52 AM
MAX5?yes,me too.

but they were different really.

"connect"will creat aline between the vertexs, however the "weld" will together the vertexs ,like one vertex,ok?

thanks for u quarrel to me :beer:

sixeastmain
08-02-2003, 03:06 AM
Weld is what I was wanting to do. I turned up the widget to 67 and got what I needed. I wanted to make the two vertices into one. Thank's for input from all.

Peter

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.