PDA

View Full Version : Happy walk cycle

Respawned
07-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Here is my attempt at a happy walk cycle. I started one this last year but got so frustrated trying to fix all the problems I just gave up. I opened up the file a few days ago and gave it another go, if you have any advice or see something that could be improved I'd love to hear it.

http://www.vimeo.com/5398060

PinkSherbet
07-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Hello, here are some of my thoughts. Hope it helps.

When swinging your arm all the way back, i suggest giving your arm more curve, its more natural. For the hand, i find it awkward that it is completely turned when swinged back, it feels kind of unnatural.

I am thinking, this walk cycle doesn't feel quite happy. Maybe you can try giving abit of a bounce? As for the arms maybe try not swing too much, it is like all over the place now.

I suggest you can try video reference of youreself walking happily? Get a cam recorder and video yourself, try different styles or u can stick to this style; see how you walk, ask yourself some questions.

Don't give up, animation is all about patience.

Cheers!

Respawned
07-03-2009, 02:23 AM
Thanks! That helps a lot, I will make some changes as you suggested. Thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
07-03-2009, 02:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.