PDA

View Full Version : 3d tool for character modelling & animation ?

abart
07-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi there :)
i registered here long time ago but today i need some help from you guys since this forum is full of professional peoples of all around world . i have been doing 2d cartoon animation for last 3 years using Toon Boom products now i also want to do 3d character modelling and animation , i love this job .. i have no interest in modelling architecture 3d views , i just want to play with 3d models by animating them with any 3d tool ..therefore please guide me which tool should i choose for this purpose , i have done some research on various 3d tools on internet and i might be wrong in this case what i found that cinema 4d has the shortest learning curve as compare to others and maya is too difficult to learn but most of the companies prefer animators who work in maya , i have no idea about other 3d programmes soft image xsi or 3d max !? and what about motion bulider ? is it only for animation 3d characters ?

Kanga
07-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Hi awais.
You should start with free, open source or inexpensive software to see if you like modelling and animating. Not all software has modelling and animation functions, some do. One program is generally not easier than another but there is a big difference in the features they process.

Cheers

abart
07-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi Chris , thanks for your reply :)

You should start with free, open source or inexpensive software to see if you like modelling and animating.

thatswhy i am asking here to suggest me any 3d software but i have read on many forums that open source programmes are not easy to learn , they are not as easy user friendly like others one .

to be very honest i can try any 3d tool but i don't want waste my time by doing experiments on different 3d softwares , i want to start only from scratch and want to be become of expert of it , So i am looking for a solution which satishfy me in character modelling & animation.

One program is generally not easier than another but there is a big difference in the features they process.
yes i agree with you , i wanted to know what tool is good for character modelling & rigging and which is fine for character animation ...i t would be awesome if any single 3d tool can do all these jobs .i am also looking at initial learning curve of 3d softwares and market value ...like i see cinema4d is great for beginners because its easy but i don't see its name in 3d jobs ..everywhere i see autodesk applications in jobs ads , why ?

CGTalk Moderation
07-01-2009, 04:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.