PDA

View Full Version : How Do I ?(weird) Emitters, auto-Pathfinding

Captain
07-27-2003, 01:54 AM
Ok, I plan on doing something quite weird. I think it will be really fun too! What I Have are several points. What I need is for Particle Emitters to Find a point (lets say of the same name, doesnt really matter how) but I need the emitter to move untill it finds that point. I know this sounds really weird. Though I would easily be able to animate these myself, I plan on having, say 40 or so points. And if there would be a really easy way it would be appreciated. If i can ever get this to work I can post what Im trying to do on this site as it progresses. Any help or alternate solutions greatly welcome :). My main goal is to get a stream of hypervoxels (only way i can simulate fluids in LW so far) to go from its origional position to a physical point designated.

-Captain

Jonathan
07-27-2003, 03:18 AM
You want the emitter to find the point as in parenting???

It sounds like what you are looking for is FX linker in which you can use nulls which have attached emitters to like themselves the particles of another emitter. If you want explicit effects, you might try grouping. At least that's what your post reads like to me. :shrug:

aurora
07-27-2003, 04:28 PM
Are you trying to get the particles to find their destination on their own kinda like hunting from one point to the next until it finds where its supposed to go? If so what I think you'll need to do is right a pluggin using AI-pathfinding alg's. I'm not sure LScript could hande doing this especially with anytype of speed.

TRick
07-27-2003, 09:00 PM
You could check the "assembler" function of Napalm (http://www.dynamic-realities.com/napalm/index.html)...They have a demo (http://www.dynamic-realities.com/Demos/Napalm(Demo).p)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.