PDA

View Full Version : FPRIME 3.5.1 I think I'm the first to notice

TalleyJC
06-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Looks like a dot release 3.5.1 is in my personal folder for fprime, released on 6/29

Animasta
06-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Nice.

Here's the changelog from worley.com

FPrime 3.51 change list

Top and bottom of tall camera views could get cut off during some interactive passes. Fixed.
0% opacity HyperVoxels did not render even if they were luminous. Fixed
Control-clicking would also surface select as an unwanted side effect. Fixed
Standard material node always rendered black. Fixed.
Partial workaround to a LW ACT camera bug which slows down Layout in any scene with targeting.
Known LightWave Issues

LightWave UB has severe efficiency problems during multithreaded SDK queries. Because of this, FPrime UB currently supports only 2 cores on Mac UB. Newtek is working on this issue now for the next update to LW 9.6.
LW does not emit notifications for non-numeric values in HyperVoxels panels. This means that many changes to HV settings will require pressing the FPrime refresh button in order for the changes to be seen in FPrime.
LightWave does not give FPrime proper object shape information when the camera is in Bounding Box view, or when per-object Hidden or Bounding Box mode is selected. A workaround is to just turn off Bounding Box mode and use any other mode, and reload the scene.
The LW SDK does not support Precomputed Nodes for 3rd party renderers, so FPrime cannot support Fast Skin, Occlusion II, Sigma 2, SSS or SSS 2 nodes.

CGTalk Moderation
06-30-2009, 09:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.