PDA

View Full Version : When mental ray fails

MissOptimist
06-30-2009, 03:40 PM
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7308/yellowlight.jpg

Okay, my goal was to make the numbers on the cube glow. I used blinn material and dropped it on the cube. I created a texture map for the color, and then made a new photoshop file and made the numbers completely black and the background white, and connected this new file to the transparency of the blinn material. I added some point lights inside the cube. When I rendered it using Maya Software, it turned out okay (as you can see from the picture above). You can see that the numbers and letters are glowing. But then when I switched to Mental Ray, I didnít get the same effect. All I saw was blackness. How can I achieve the same effect using mental ray?

bls
06-30-2009, 03:54 PM
I think you have to check Alpha is luminance in colour balance of your texture that controls transparency.

MissOptimist
06-30-2009, 03:56 PM
I think you have to check Alpha is luminance in colour balance of your texture that controls transparency.

ok thanks, that worked. :bowdown:

CGTalk Moderation
06-30-2009, 03:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.