PDA

View Full Version : MR Noise Filtering and Glow Material ?

khorask
06-30-2009, 03:41 PM
I am using a glow material on small spheres created with a particle system (trying to simulate a primitive laser)...

The effect itself combined with the glare shader looks ok, BUT the walls that surround the scene have green spherical highlights (with sharp corners) all over them instead of the expected 'even spread' of green color from the green light of the self illumited spheres ??

Ive tried setting my final gather settings to very high and get near the same result minus extreme render times... Noise filtering is set to 'none'. As soon as I enable even standard noise filtering the self illiminated spheres dont seem to illuminate 'anything' in the environment ???

Any help on how to get these 'lasers' to evenly illumiate the environment? what settings to play with ? alternatives etc ? much appretiated..

khorask
07-03-2009, 12:34 AM
Ok seems ive found the source of my problem.. need some suggestions on a workaround please ??

, after experimenting with a blank scene I got a more gradual falloff of light using standard noise filtering with a self illuminated material applied to a 'larger object'. As I decrease the size of the object the illumination on the environment is eventually filtered out no matter how bright I make the material.

The reason this is an issue is because my 'lasers' in the original scene are fairly small objects. I tested this in the original scene my increasing the size of the laser beam objects until their light started to effect the scene... which they did, but now they are too big...

I Played with the physical units (cd/m^2) setting but this doesnt seem to effect how far the illumination spreads (eg across a wall).. it does though effect how bright eg. the glare is when the glare shader is used ??

khorask
07-03-2009, 01:07 AM
To anyone interested.. found a 'solution' or sorts..

Had to eliminate noise filtering and increase fg rays to insane amount (for my computer anyway).. managed to smooth out the light eventually...

still, if anyone has any other opinions of suggestions.. im all ears.

mister3d
07-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Without nay pics, it's hard to understand what you're talking about.

CGTalk Moderation
07-03-2009, 03:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.